Friday, December 19, 2008

TRS picks reissue of the year: Bob Martin's Midwest Farm Disaster

I wholeheartedly agree with The Rising Storm's selection of Bob Martin's Midwest Farm Disaster as the best reissue of the year. Go there to read about the album and for links to more reviews.

In a nutshell, it's a perfect folk record. Strong songs that grow better with age.

The fact that an album as strong as Midwest Farm Disaster, recorded way back in '72, could exist for so long under the radar really makes you wonder what other masterpieces might be hiding out there still waiting for potential discovery.

I found out about this disk through TRS, for which I am grateful. You should do the same!

Bob Martin – Captain Jesus (buy album)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up. It is discovering records like this that keeps one searching for "gold", like Paul Siebel for me from just a few years back.

Anonymous said...

I'm a lucky boy, I live just 12 miles from Haverhill, MA where Bob will be playing in Jan. 2009!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's Haverhill, hometown of ROB ZOMBIE!!!!!