Monday, December 22, 2008

Couldn't have said it better myself.

For an excellent review of the long-awaited album Hank Williams: The Unreleased Recordings, go to this post at Harry’s Music. (It tells you exactly why you must buy this box set.)

Harry’s Music is also where I found this great BBC clip:



By the way, it's been too long since I posted a Hank tune, so here goes:

Hank Williams – Pan American (buy album)

(Incidentally, the "Harry" in Harry's Music refers to this fellow. Check out Harry's Music when you have a chance. It's pretty cool.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That clip with Anita Carter is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Great BBC clip, thanks for posting it. The Unreleased Recordings is on my Christmas list; I hope Santa is good to me this year.

Speaking of Harry Smith, David Johansen's two Harry Smith records are highly recommended.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words about Harry's Music - lots of traffic today and I hope they'll keep coming back! I've been a lurker on this site for a long time - love the new format and thanks for turning me on to Paul Siebel, just the latest of many you've led me to!