Monday, December 31, 2007

Why The H#ck Is Nobody In America Blogging About Moe Bandy!?!?

I just noticed on elbo.ws that nobody has ever done any kind of blog post on 1970's country music legend Moe Bandy. What's up America??? As demonstrated by my last post, Moe can bring the honky tonk. Now I realize that there is a somewhat limited market for cry-in-your-PBR-cheating-songs, but Moe's got that market covered. And then some.

Case in point No. 2: Moe Bandy - I Just Started Hating Cheating Songs Again

Best line: "I just found out my woman is the Devil."

Now go buy the Honky Tonk Amnesia collection. The song titles alone should be enough to persuade you to take the plunge. (Tell 'em Paul from STWOF sent ya.)

While were talking about still-living Honky Tonk legends that can bring it, try some early Randy Travis:

Randy Travis - There'll Always Be A Honky Tonk Somewhere (buy album).

Randy's first LP is solid country gold. Amazingly, it seems to be out of print. From where I stand, things really started to crap out in the world of mainstream country music after Randy released this one. So it's kind of a last stand worth tracking down.

Happy New Year!

P.S. I think there probably will be a Super Bowl in 2083. (But the Detroit Lions will not be playing in it.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that cheap shot aimed at the Lions really necessary?

Anonymous said...

YES!!! I agree with him.

Woodstock said...

Moe Bandy used to have a campy museum in a basement of a building in Branson. It has been 15 years since I was there but it was great seeing him in all his glossy photos with his arms around all of the other country greats like Merle and Willie. I wonder if it is still there...