Sunday, December 23, 2007

New Blog To Check Out: For The Sake Of The Song

It's a lot of work putting together a music blog. But its fun. Whenever an idea pops into my head, I put it on a list of "future" posts. Real high on that list was Detroit's own R&B hero Andre Williams. One of my old bands did a cover of Williams' song "Is It True" that was the most fun thing we ever played (you had to be there). And there's an interesting story to be told about Williams' career.

So today I was happy to see Andre Williams featured over at the excellent new blog For The Sake of the Song (which, as you know, is named after a Townes Van Zandt song). Now, instead of writing a long post, I can just point you over to FTSOTS for the Andre Williams story. Check it out. It's worth the trip!

For The Sake of the Song is my kind of music blog because it features lots of great old music. In less then a month FTSOTS has featured, among others, Townes Van Zandt (a given), The Shangri Las, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, and now Andre Williams. I'm really looking forward to what comes next.

Here's one more classic tune from Mr. Rhythm:

Is It True?

Highly Recommended!

(I got this from a CD called "Mr. Rhythm," which now seems to be out of print.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks man...
I´m flattered. Really.

Anonymous said...

No problem. Keep up the great work!